Stuffed Peppers

Earlier this week I shared my weekly dinner plan with you. One of the recipes was Stuffed Peppers with Bulgur. I made those at the beginning of the week and they turned out faaaaaabulous!

I thought I would share my photo and relink the recipe because it's Share a Spoon time and today's theme is Stuff It!!


I posted my recipe on the Weight Watchers Site: Stuffed Peppers with Bulgur

Bulgur is a form of whole wheat that has been cleaned, cooked, dried, and ground. It can be found in most grocery stores in the baking isle. It is hearty, easy to cook and blends nicely with ground beef dishes. I love to sneak bulgur into many of my kids favorite meals like tacos, sloppy joe's and meatloaf because they can't tell it's in there! Made entirely from whole grain wheat it is loaded with fiber and nutrition! If you have a health food store near you, you can buy it in bulk and save on cost. Pound for pound it is much cheaper than lean ground beef which helps keep you trim and healthy and your wallet nice and plump!

For more great Stuff It recipes hop on by Think Tank Mama's place and stuff it!



Think Tank Momma

3 comments:

adrienzgirl said...

I really need to start trying to slip some Bulgar Wheat into some of my boys favorites. Thanks for sharing how you get those grains in! I am so making these peppers. I love love stuffed veggies! Really hearty.

Thanks for Sharing Cheesecake!

Lothiriel said...

This looks really good! I should have done this instead of the chiles rellenos! LOL!

Sandra said...

Going to try this recipe tomorrow! So tell me, does the bulgur require any presoaking or any pre-cooking instructions?...oh, I can google it. I love anything high in fiber, low in fat! Thanks for sharing!